GSS NGO (Gonoshahajjo Sangstha) is a Bangladeshi non-governmental organization that works in the areas of education, health, and rural development. It has been working in the education sector since 1978, and has developed a number of teacher development programs.
One of GSS’s teacher development programs is the Basic Teacher Training (BTT) program. This program is designed for primary school teachers who have not received any formal teacher training. The BTT program covers a wide range of topics, including pedagogy, classroom management, and child development.
Another teacher development program offered by GSS is the In-service Teacher Training (ITT) program. This program is designed for primary school teachers who have already received some formal teacher training. The ITT program provides teachers with opportunities to update their skills and knowledge, and to learn new teaching methods.
In addition to these two programs, GSS also offers a number of other teacher development activities, such as workshops, seminars, and conferences. These activities provide teachers with opportunities to learn from each other, and to share their experiences.
The following are some of the key features of GSS’s teacher development programs:
- They are designed to meet the specific needs of primary school teachers in Bangladesh.
- They are delivered by experienced and qualified trainers.
- They are participatory and interactive.
- They focus on practical skills and knowledge that can be used in the classroom.
- They are evaluated to ensure that they are effective.
GSS’s teacher development programs have had a positive impact on the quality of education in Bangladesh. They have helped to improve teachers’ knowledge and skills, and have led to better teaching and learning in the classroom.
Here are some of the specific benefits of GSS’s teacher development programs:
- Teachers have improved their knowledge of pedagogy and child development.
- Teachers have learned new teaching methods and techniques.
- Teachers have developed their skills in classroom management.
- Teachers have become more confident in their teaching abilities.
- Teachers have been able to improve the quality of education they provide to their students.
GSS’s teacher development programs are an important contribution to the improvement of education in Bangladesh. They have helped to raise the quality of teaching in primary schools, and have benefited millions of students.